Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tornado Touchdown 2-28-11

My First Photojournalist Assignment......
Monday we had some severe storms, through out the night. At 5 a.m. we heard on the weather that there was rotation over the small rivertown I live in ( so small everybody knows everybody and most are related to most of the people in the town =) ). I was in bed at this point, but woke up when I heard tornado sirens going off. So, of course, we herded down the stairs to the basement (a little bit dazed from being woke up).
In the morning we went down the hill to see the damage. There were really not alot of damage except a metal shed which flew over a house and landed beside a fence. There were a couple trees that were torn from the ground. The National weather service survey team reported it as a F1 tornado. The bummer thing was it was dark so I never got a glimps of it!!! =(
I thank God none were badly injured.
Sorry the pictures are blurry, I was shooting through a window =)




No comments: